• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Canadian Flag Bowties ?

Find a standard Canadian Flag sticker (larger than the bowtie), place it over top, then trim the edges.

Boy that was easier than putting on a Took!

I had a leaf stuck in the grill of my old truck, and someone asked me if I was from Canada :eek:

I did not have a clue of what he was talking about until he pointed to the leaf ;D

Hey Bugssmith, it's spelled TOQUE you hoser!

It's like spelling California as P-O-L-L-U-T-E-D

Trash ;D

I am waiting for a replacement bowtie to arrive at my dealership before I proceed. Using a method similar to what bugssmith mentioned, though also using clearcoat, I hope to have my own made within the next few days.

I hope to have a mold of the centre console completed within the next two weeks. Depending on finances - which depends on employment - I should have the fibreglass reproduction completed shortly thereafter.

I will keep the forum updated with posts in the appropriate threads and I will show it to you at the next meet.

Joe has told me he will get back to me regarding an Australian flag version, I would have thought a Canadian one would have been a done deal.

OK, I will put together a Canadian Flag Bowtie. I will post a picture when the prototype is complete. Should take about a week.

Joe W.

Joe W. said:
OK, I will put together a Canadian Flag Bowtie. I will post a picture when the prototype is complete. Should take about a week.

Joe W.

Joe,

I am Miss Avalanche from the San Antonio club, I have a TX bow tie on my AV and I love it!!! You do a great job on the flag bow ties, keep up the great work! :D I have gotten many compliments on my Texas flag bow tie. If you would like to see it, click on my pics on my sig line and look at my Bowtie pics album.

Thanks again!!!.

Miss Avalanche

:B:

Need a few more days on the Canadian Bowtie, the first prototype decal had the Maple leaf too big, need to resize it. It's going to look great.

The Canadian Bowtie is born. They are available now. I will email you the photo, I can't seem to attach a .jpg here. On Sunday, I'm going to post photos of the growing list Avalanche Bowties on Picturetrail. :D

Joe W.

I neglected to post images of my Canadian Flag bowtie; it slipped my mind with too much being done lately. (Dad has had a double angioplasty and may require a bypass.) I have two different Canadian flag bowties, one using a sticker, the other using a vinyl applique. I will post images once I have time to download them from my camera.

Leather:
I like it, though I was expecting the maple leaf to be larger. That is the biggest problem I have found with putting the Canadian flag on the bowtie: the size. If you use the standard flag dimensions, you need a small maple leaf in the middle. I had to redesign the Canadian flag in order to put a larger maple leaf in the middle. I made two prototypes with off-the-shelf stickers and the third prototype, which I hope to have completed by the end of the week, uses a custom vinyl applique that I am having manufactured. Of course, I will post pictures once it is in place. I may post pictures of the first two prototypes, though since they will not be the final product, I find it doesn't make much sense. Regardless, I will keep everyone informed.

Joe W. said:
The Canadian Bowtie is born. They are available now. I will email you the photo, I can't seem to attach a .jpg here. On Sunday, I'm going to post photos of the growing list Avalanche Bowties on Picturetrail. ?:D

Joe W.

I did the Trenz bow tie, so I am not going to cover that, but them I got thinkin, they should look good in the back window :0:
So I'll wait for the pictures

I ran into the same size problem. I think that I have reached the optimal size. If it is any bigger you lose the white around the leaf and it over takes the center of the bowtie. The Canadian flag is a nice look on the bowtie.

Joe W.

Joe W. said:
I ran into the same size problem. I think that I have reached the optimal size. If it is any bigger you lose the white around the leaf and it over takes the center of the bowtie. The Canadian flag is a nice look on the bowtie.

Joe W.
what you charging for these Canuck ones is this just a decal or a actual replacement bowtie?

Back