• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Radio Wiring Chart

DS

SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
The following wiring info is for the 07 model year only!

Wire                              Color                         
Radio 12V                      Red/White                 
Radio Ground                Black                     
Radio Ignition                GMLAN Serial Data           
Radio Illumination          Yellow (dimmer)
Power Antenna              White     
Factory amp turn-on      Same as power ant wire

*Speaker wires can be found at the amp or radion harness
*If equipped with a factory amp, it is under the rear of the center console
LF Speaker +/-              Tan-Gray
RF Speaker +/-              Light Green- Dark Green
LR Speaker +/-              Brown-Yellow
RR Speaker +/-              Dark Blue-Light Blue

*At the amp:
Left Sub +                    Dark Blue/White
Left Sub -                      Lt Green/ Black
Right sub +                  Dark Green
Right sub -                    Lt Blue/ Black

MY HATS OFF TO YOU!!!  U JUST SAVED ME COUNTLESS AMOUNT OF HOURS WITH MY VOLTMETER, PLUS ALOT OF PROFANITY.  THANKS!

yaboytroy said:
MY HATS OFF TO YOU!!!  U JUST SAVED ME COUNTLESS AMOUNT OF HOURS WITH MY VOLTMETER, PLUS ALOT OF PROFANITY.  THANKS!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I feel your pain brother!!!

DS said:
The following wiring info is for the 07 model year only!

Wire                              Color                         
Radio 12V                      Red/White                 
Radio Ground                Black                     
Radio Ignition                GMLAN Serial Data           
Radio Illumination          Yellow (dimmer)
Power Antenna              White     
Factory amp turn-on      Same as power ant wire

*Speaker wires can be found at the amp or radion harness
*If equipped with a factory amp, it is under the rear of the center console
LF Speaker +/-              Tan-Gray
RF Speaker +/-              Light Green- Dark Green
LR Speaker +/-              Brown-Yellow
RR Speaker +/-              Dark Blue-Light Blue

*At the amp:
Left Sub +                    Dark Blue/White
Left Sub -                      Lt Green/ Black
Right sub +                  Dark Green
Right sub -                    Lt Blue/ Black
Is the Power antenna and Factory amp turn-on wires switched +12 volts on the '07 Avy or just serial data?. :help: :E:

stupid question of the day - does the GM amp in the 07-08 also amplify the speaker outputs (aside from the sub) or is the GM HU internally amplified?

Speakers ? Base/Uplevel UQ3-WX7

Front Left
speakers-frontleft-base-uplevel.JPG

Full size

Front Right
speakers-frontright-base-uplevel.JPG

Full size

Rear Left
speakers-rearleft-base-uplevel.JPG

Full Size

Rear Right
speakers-rearright-base-uplevel.JPG

Full Size

looking at the wiring and am wondering how does the radio know that the truck is in drive. normally tey have a switched or something so that would be the lockout.  I wanna use the tv up front and am not willin gto pay for a poclpick as i still want the window lock  (kids)

I uses the data line and gets a signal from the BCM?

Here are some more wire colors people may want, especially if they really want to get good sound and customize their aftermarket Audio Mods.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,135995.msg1992171.html#msg1992171

Also, there is a Green Wire with White Stripe behid the NAV units that supposedly if cut and a toggle switch added, will allow the NAV menu and XM Menu to work while driving, however it cuts the GPS signal to the NAV so while you have it toggled off so (your passenger) can enter addresses into the NAV while moving, it will take a few seconds once toggled back on for the NAV unit to regain your actual location.

The new 07+ models however cannot be Mod'd to have Video in motion without expensive LockPick because the signal that controls the DVD is a Data signal from the ECU Computer to the NAV/DVD on the LS GMLAN - a Data signal wire, not a voltage wire.

If someone is smart enough to add a filter that does what LockPick does, and filter out that data signal on the Dark Green (no stripe) LS GMLAN wire that goes  into the back of the NAV unit then you could indeed have Video in motion. But it requires electronics to filter out the GMLAN data signal impacting Video in Motion but allowing other signals in...seems complicated.

Hope the Low level wire colors on the link above are helpful to others. The rest of that thread discusses how the 07+ Bose Amp system works etc, so is useful as well.

I just installed a set of subs with an amp and ran the audio wires to the tan/gray and gn/dgn on the factory head unit. The subs sound terrible like they are trying to push highs and mids instead of bass. Im an engine guy and this is my first radio attempt. Are there separate wires for low sub freqs that i should be splicing into? Its an 07 LT.

Trying to add a backup camera to my 07 hoping a way to wire it to display on the navigation screen? Anyone try this?
I removed to look at connections x2 unused in center of unit.

Attachments

• 20230131_150530.jpg
    20230131_150530.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230131_150533.jpg
    20230131_150533.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 7
Back