• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

are you sorry you got a black one?

kcomp13

I am about to pull the trigger on a '07 avalanche in black.  Everyone is telling me that I am crazy for wanting a Black one because they are hard to keep up and that scratch real easy.  So my question is, are you sorry for buying a black one?

kcomp13 said:
I am about to pull the trigger on a '07 avalanche in black.? Everyone is telling me that I am crazy for wanting a Black one because they are hard to keep up and that scratch real easy.? So my question is, are you sorry for buying a black one?

One of the best decisions in my life, I love it  :love: :love: :love:  :B: :B: :B:

Soooooo......that would be a NO.

I had a black suv before I bought my AV and I loved it. Now they do show dirt pretty easy, but when they're clean that black looks fantastic. So, if that's your color, I say go for it, you only live once.  >:D

I had the same worry... but given the fact that black is the coolest color, I couldn't resist!

Yes, it shows dirt quickly; yes, it shows swirls & water spots... but when it is clean, DAMN it looks sweet!!? :love:

Attachments

• sunrise small 1.JPG
    sunrise small 1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 2,883
Haven't had a black car or truck in 15 years, and did forget what it was like to keep it looking good! ?BUT it all depends on you! ?I do tend to keep my cars very clean and there is nothing better looking then a BIG BLACK SHINY AV. ?love it and if ordering again today it would still be a black one. ?One more note I found if you maintain a good coat of wax, the swirl marks and minor scratches do not show up.

I thought i would be sorry about buying black, but, im not. when clean its the best. i have had silver, red, tan, and i keep going back to black (this is the 4th). everyone likes it. just put it on your schedule to clean it once a week.
they do scratch easy--someone got my rear bumper the first week.

As much as I like the way my SBM does, and the LPM did, look good even when dirty I would LOVE to have a Black Av. I've owned a few Black trucks and even here in hot TX never regretted it. :love:

My Av is red, but my GN is black (of course).  I have  problems with dust clinging to the paint.  Just sitting in the garage for a couple of days, it accumulates dust and lint.  Also swirl marks will show up.  Make sure your polish applicator is clean.  that being said, when clean, it looks really great.

black looks good..
hardest to look good..

and more likely to show maring in paint...

NO I'M SORRY I GOT THREE? :laugh:....BLKJACK IS BACK

Attachments

• av07.jpg
    av07.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,821
Yes to all the comments about upkeep...

But no regrets here...

Attachments

• I CHNGE  rims and tires.4c.jpg
    I CHNGE rims and tires.4c.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 2,801
txrider said:
My Av is red, but my GN is black (of course).  I have  problems with dust clinging to the paint.  Just sitting in the garage for a couple of days, it accumulates dust and lint.  Also swirl marks will show up.  Make sure your polish applicator is clean.  that being said, when clean, it looks really great.
When I had my Black ones I probably went to the car wash 3 times a week just for spot free rinse to get rid of the dust.

They can look sooooo good when clean
But so bad when not perfect or dirty

My Bonneville is black

I think black is the best looking color out there. Would I own it? Not a chance in hell. I am too lazy and too picky to have black. You really have to stay on top of it to keep it looking good to my liking. I hate swirl marks and dust. That spells a disaster for black.

I had a 99 black grand cherokee limited which i loved before i got my av.  i said i would not go black again, (so i bought a sunburst orange) which i love to death  :love:

But as for the 07's, which i could care less for??.. the black ones  are SHARP!!

At first I had second thoughts but the wife felt that the way I keep all our vehicles clean it wouldn't be a problem.  So no regrets, I'd go back to black again as a matter of fact the wife is getting a 08 Tahoe or Yukon at the end of the year. :love:

My freshly washed and waxed '07

Attachments

• av5.jpg
    av5.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,952
  • av6.jpg
    av6.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,943
Back