• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Alberta Represent!

There are quite a few of us!  You can view the thread here that contains all of the Canadian and Alaskan members and where they live.

I am the Canadian and Alaskan Coordinator and am working on some of the more general aspects of the region.  As far as specific meets go, there is nothing currently planned for Alberta.  I am trying to arrange a coordinator for the province, but in the meantime, there is not much in place.  We were planning an event last fall, but interested waned as the data approached.

I would like to see something happening like the good ol' days when we got together weekly.  What sort of things are you interested in?  Cruises, show 'n' shines, etc.?

Hi,
  I am am oldtimer from Alberta (Calgary). Joined many years ago, but not on the site as much as I used to be.
  The Av was one of the first in the city and I still enjoy driving it every day... rain shine or snow  :B:
  If you see a black av in town sitting low with a ram air hood, its likely me.

sparky said:
Hi,
? ?I am am oldtimer from Alberta (Calgary). Joined many years ago, but not on the site as much as I used to be.
? ?The Av was one of the first in the city and I still enjoy driving it every day... rain shine or snow? :B:
? ?If you see a black av in town sitting low with a ram air hood, its likely me.
Long time no see, Sparky!  I was in your neck of the woods last week on business and will be again in a couple weeks.  I should be staying in the Palliser.  Maybe we can get together for lunch or something. :)

Good to see you're still around in your AV, Sparky. 

I spent the past two months looking for a new vehicle to replace my 05 AV.  Looked at everything - really- but just couldn't find anything that would do the same job as my AV.  Signed for an 08 today, calling it Trekker III.

Boaral, I'll see you Friday for lunch.  Maybe we should invite any and all other AV owners to lunch at Louisiana Purchase on Friday at noon.  It's located on 112 Street and 103 Avenue in Edmonton.  Be there or be square.

Chasman said:
Good to see you're still around in your AV, Sparky.?

I spent the past two months looking for a new vehicle to replace my 05 AV.? Looked at everything - really- but just couldn't find anything that would do the same job as my AV.? Signed for an 08 today, calling it Trekker III.

Boaral, I'll see you Friday for lunch.? Maybe we should invite any and all other AV owners to lunch at Louisiana Purchase on Friday at noon.? It's located on 112 Street and 103 Avenue in Edmonton.? Be there or be square.
Great news on picking up the 2008!  Very nice vehicle, and I'm still undecided on what my next one will be.

I think that anyone who can make it to Louisiana Purchase should!  We'll be there around 11:30 am, and while I only have an hour, I'm sure if others show up, Chasman can stay longer.

Telephones just went out here, so I'm off to find out what happened.  See you guys!

fenman said:
Edmonton here!
Yay!  I'm hoping to get a GTG up and running in the spring.  Maybe we can get together for coffee or something in the coming weeks. :)

That depends on the weather, i love the AV but my bike is still in my heart. If the sun melts this snow i will enjoy the benefits of 40 mpg soon

Cold Lake here. Would love to go to a weekend gtg in Alberta. hint, hint.... hey ... how about at the Reynolds Museum in June for "History Road" 14-15 June if I remember correctly. OR the Harvest Festival at the Reynolds museum 30-31 Aug (air show in July too but I might not be here ...  (n))

Here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://machinemuseum.net/

Might be fun.

Shadowhawk said:
Cold Lake here. Would love to go to a weekend gtg in Alberta. hint, hint.... hey ... how about at the Reynolds Museum in June for "History Road" 14-15 June if I remember correctly. OR the Harvest Festival at the Reynolds museum 30-31 Aug (air show in July too but I might not be here ...  (n))

Here is the link if you want to check it out.

http://machinemuseum.net/

Might be fun.
I love the Reynolds Museum.  We held a meet there several years ago and it was great.  The weather was horrible and I was not sure if anyone else would make it.  I remember the snow being so deep we didn't know where the parking medians were and ended up parking by feel.  We were the only people there that morning but I think that made things even better.

I would love to arrange something else there.  I'll take a look at the events you've mentioned here.  Thanks!

Hello All!

After selling these vehicles, since 04-06 and finding myself back again, selling Avalanches and always wanting one, I finally purchased one! New, 08/LT/4x4, Blue Granite Metallic.
This is one of only a handful of GM vehicles that I can recall, that I have never had a single issue with. Every customer that I have sold (there have been dozens) have nothing but positive remarks aboot the vehicles ride,versatility and driver confidence. Even more-so since the 07/08 platform change.

I'm glad I found this site, appreciate being accepted as a member and looking forward to the forums for experiences, whether good or bad!!!

Jim

Boar-Ral said:
I love the Reynolds Museum.  We held a meet there several years ago and it was great.  The weather was horrible and I was not sure if anyone else would make it.  I remember the snow being so deep we didn't know where the parking medians were and ended up parking by feel.  We were the only people there that morning but I think that made things even better.

I would love to arrange something else there.  I'll take a look at the events you've mentioned here.  Thanks!

You're Welcome. I love that place. I await your GTG announcement  (y)

Just joined after I found the site - driving a Black '05 Z71.

Still so happy with the Avy, I can't bring myself to trade - this may be a long relationship.

Still have not set the DRL's to amber - must make a note to do it soon.

Hey all... Living in Edmonton and just bought myself an '03 4x4 Av... Started out looking for a Jeep TJ but I think I made the right choice!  :cool:

Can't wait to start enjoying this thing in the mountains this year!

Back