• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

THANK YOU from the Black Hills Children's Home Society

amd1900mp

Silent Avalanche RIP
PM 2015
PM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I received this email and had to share it...

Subject:
THANK YOU from the Bottom of our Hearts, Christmas in July at Black Hills Children's Home.

Todd,

I hope everyone had safe travels back home.

The kids are still talking about not only their wonderful Christmas presents, but also all the beautiful Avalanche trucks that were here in July!!!

It is very seldom, that I cannot find words to express my feelings. But, this is one time that I am just so overwhelmed by the generosity and the kindness that all of your group displayed to the children at Black Hills Children?s Home, that I just don?t know where to begin.

So, I will begin with THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts.

This was a day like none before. The kids loved looking at the Avalanches. Thank you for including them in the voting. That was fun.

I am quite sure you saw the excitement and the smiles when they received a gift and/or a bicycle.? That is hard to describe to someone who wasn?t there. They were so happy.

As I mentioned before, most of these children have never had a Christmas like most of us know. They have come from backgrounds where holidays were times that there may have been lots of drinking, maybe being left alone, perhaps being abused by a caregiver.

But This day was phenomenal!!!!!

The children were able to experience giving and caring from people who were (not anymore) complete strangers.

You certainly stole my heart.

Thank you for making a day that we will never forget.

Thank you again, Todd, for everything you and all the others did for the children at Black Hills Children?s Home.

They have wonderful memories that will last a lifetime thanks to all of you.

Blessings to you!

Darla Crown and the Children at Black Hills Children?s Home

Darla Crown
Children's Home Society
www.chssd.org

Thank You Darla for having us  :wave:

Great stuff guys! Thank You!!

And again, thank Todd for making it happen!

Nick :love:

Thanks Darla, that was a touching letter. We were there and wish to thank you and your staff. The food you prepared for us was great and you treated us like family and that means a lot. When my wife had breathing problems walking up the hill you helped take care of her and even provided a ride back down! The children were pleased and it showed by the look on their faces, that is all the thanks that we needed.

Butch (the Avalanche with the purple flames)

This was such a pleasure to do, and to know it touched there lives makes it that much better. Thanks to all who donated, and to you Darla for letting our family be part of yours for a day.

Mark 

Darla, even though a lot of us were not able to make it, we are so glad that the children were able to have such a great time..

Hugz

Call me selfish, but I think we got more out of it than the kids!  >:D :love:

Giving just for the sake of giving just feels good. Great selection on the charity Todd, you couldn't have found a better cause!  (y)

Darla, Thank you for helping organize the day for us to be there and thanks for hosting the lunch. It was a joy to see the kids having a good time.

Az-Spoiled-Wife said:
Darla, Thank you for helping organize the day for us to be there and thanks for hosting the lunch. It was a joy to see the kids having a good time.

The lunch they held for us was fantastic! I think the kids enjoyed having lunch with us also. It really was one very special day for them.

Like Darla said "They have wonderful memories that will last a lifetime thanks to all of you."

Todd

I think we all left with memories of that day that will last a lifetime.  Making a kid smile is one of the best things anyone can do.  Making a whole group of them smile was awesome!

Thanks to all that helped make it a perfect day for all of us.

Anna 

Just got a nice letter to Wendy and I thanking us for our donation and a CHS newsletter. My disappointment that I didn't make it to Rapid City pales compared to the disappointments many of the children our donations are helping have endured. We're thankful to be in a position we could help.

Darla added a few hand written notes to the typed letter, seems they appreciated my touch of sending the check and a Michigan CAFCNA sticker in a Christmas card? :)?

Loren & Wendy

Same here..  Was a great touch from them, and the notes to the kids situations that we were able to help..
(y) (y) :love:
Hugz

I got my letter in the mail today also.

I received mine today too.

If I can change one life  I'm happy

Got mine in the mail too.  Thought it was a really neat thing for her to do.  Very time consuming for someone in her position.  VERY classy lady, those kids are in great loving hands now.

We received ours yesterday.. Very nice indeed!

Todd, Darla & TJ

Received a nice hand written letter from Darla, as well.  I'm glad she enjoyed the scrapbook I sent along for this event, I enjoyed hearing the wonderful stories and the good feeling our small contribution made.  Some of the information she wrote of was really heart wrenching on what these children have been through. Again, thanks Todd on your selection of this children's charity, from the sounds of it, it really has made a huge difference, and thanks to Darla for the extra touches!!

Mamamia said:
Received a nice hand written letter from Darla, as well.?

Hand written ? Mine was typed and printed ! 

We loved it and want to tell Darla thanks for the sweet acknowledgement, I really got a kick out of the underlined, double underlined, & triple underlind words as well as the hand written side notes. I couldn't read all the sad stories from the newsletter, I guess we just keep on trying to help,... 

Darla - Thanks for taking the time to let us know that we helped.

Back