• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heading to Hawaii...any members?

Hawaii is outside the Americas??? ???

I think I'll move this >:D

Oh, the funny thing about this......

When we went to Hawaii last year, a friend of my wife's asked her, and I quote.....

"Will your electric devices work on their power system, and will you need to convert your money?"

:E:

Tom

I have been to Hawaii several times over the last year, and have never was able to get anything together while there.  You won't see a whole lot of AV's over there either, but I did see a couple.

Enjoy your trip.  I REALLY got tired of the long plane trips though.

trAVelingman said:
Tom

I have been to Hawaii several times over the last year, and have never was able to get anything together while there. You won't see a whole lot of AV's over there either, but I did see a couple.

Enjoy your trip. I REALLY got tired of the long plane trips though.

Go to Maui, you'll see tons.  Oahu, not so much.

There are a couple of Arizona members that moved to hawaii. I can't remember the screen name off the top of my head but the names are Tom and Lauren I think. He is in the air force over there. Send an PM to amd1900mp he has hooked up with them over there and can tell you what island they are on.

Understood where you are coming from Trav.  I am majorly jetlagged. 

It was a long flight, especially since I sat next to one very unfriendly person.  Tried a couple of times to talk to her and gave up.  I asked her what was bringing her to Honolu.  Whe arrogantly snapped "I live there".  Plus, she tapped her leg nervously, covered her face, and acted almost hostile and annoyed the entire time.  If there was a feeback rating for seatmates, as on eBay she would definitely have gotten negative feedback from me.

I was in the window seat and this girl was in the aisle, so every time I got asked to to get out to go to the bathroom she huffed and puffed and acted majorly annoyed.  Not sure what exactly what her problem was.  Whenever I got up I would stay actually stay standing up for a while, not just to keep the blood flowing, but also to talk with "normal" people.  I have never flown next to someone so arrogant and hostile before.  I was definitely glad to land.

Picked up my rental and went right to the base after landing.  Got to bed at about 10:00 pm (4:00 am EST).  I actually did see a white Av at a store next to the rental place but didn't pursue it.  Didn't realize how rare they were over here.  The gave me a Dodge Caliber that is scratched, stained, dented and looks like it definitely has had a hard life.  Sure would be nice to have my Av over here.  Might not fit in the parking garage though...$12/day just for parking in the hotel parking garage.

Right now I am on the 33rd floor of a downtown hotel near the Aloha tower.  Not sure exactly why they booked me here, but I am definitely up high and can see the city.  From what Sgt. Alexander was telling me the billeting is only set up for something like 3-day stays, so that might be the reason.  Have to go back to the base today to finish setup with him. I will have to see if I can find any Avs on the base when I am here.  This week is work.  Next week I am a tourist.  Will probably go to Maui and Kauai (sp?).

Understood that Hawaii is the 50th state.  However, the other 49 states don't require a lengthy jaunt over the pacific ocean to get to it.  I am used to traveling overseas to other countries, so I have to admit that I checked the Internet before coming to see if I would need my IDP and/or Passport.  Now that I am here thought it seems like I am in America.

Will send a PM to Todd.  I still haven't gotten my stuff from the Nationals, so I need to PM him anyway. 

Thanks,

Tom

Tom
Sounds like the flight from He*#. Seat mates can be bad, or really bad!
We will be in Oahu Oct. 6th - 13th. Our hotel is right there at Fort DeRussey Park, not real far from where you are. See what your schedule is, and maybe we can hook up for a drink or dinner.

The people Ghostwheel was talking about were Mike and Lorna (MikesAv). Last I had heard they had transferred back east somewhere for more schooling, etc.

PM me if you have a chance to get together.

Nick

wildmank99 just moved to Oahu  from Florida not long ago.

wildmank99 said:
I live over here but there is not that many avy's I have one of 2 lifted ones

Wildman - are you in Oahu? We will be there Oct 6th thru the 13th. Any chance you want to hook up for a drink one night? Trying to hook up with Raliegh also. PM me and we can try and make it happen.

Toyman - same for you! Let me know!

Nick

04avfan said:
Tom
Sounds like the flight from He*#. Seat mates can be bad, or really bad!
We will be in Oahu Oct. 6th - 13th. Our hotel is right there at Fort DeRussey Park, not real far from where you are. See what your schedule is, and maybe we can hook up for a drink or dinner.

The people Ghostwheel was talking about were Mike and Lorna (MikesAv). Last I had heard they had transferred back east somewhere for more schooling, etc.

PM me if you have a chance to get together.

Nick

Thanks for the response and the invite Nick.  Unfortunately, I am leaving for NC on Oct 6th, so we will just miss each other.

Thanks for the welcome Toyman.  This is definitely beautiful country.  Traffic is like NYC though.

I did see two Avs today.  An arrival blue was a few cars back from me a the gate this morning, and then I saw one in the parking lot of the BX.  I am so jetlagged I can't even seem to remember the color right now.

Tom

Boarding the plane in a couple of hours! Can't wait to get back over there!
Way too long of a summer here, and WAY too much work!

If any one is in the Fort DeRussey area, let me know.

Nick

04avfan said:

Nick
have fun Nick & Dar!  :cool:

04avfan said:

Nick

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you guys.  We probably passed in the air.  Definitely feeling the jetlag today.

Just before I left I saw a beautiful 2007 Bermuda Blue z-71.  I tagged it.  The woman driving said her husband was already in a Mustang club, so she would give him the info.  Then, a short while later I also tagged a Bermuda cladded next to where I returned my rental. 

Enjoy Hawaii...Aloha and Mahalo!

Tom

Leaving Oahu tonight - only saw three Av's (one on a Chevy lot) and no ambers.
Had a great time, just dreading going home to see my filthy Av sitting in the extended parking lot at the airport!

Aloooooha!

Nick

04avfan said:
Had a great time, just dreading going home to see my filthy Av sitting in the extended parking lot at the airport!

Aloooooha!

Nick
have a safe flight!

04avfan said:

Aloooooha!

Nick

Since it is a night flight hope you get some good rest.  The weather back here is finally getting cooler.

Tom

If any of you come back over let me know. I was still in Iraq when you guys came out so now that I am back let me know if you every come back over.

Back