• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where are you NM AVS?

Tazman

SM 2003
Just wanted to know if there are any NM AVs out there besides the ABQ area?  It's been quiet around here lately.  I know your out there ???  :B:

Hi Tazman....good to see you are still lurking out there. I wish there was more activity here. I have been more active in the ATV forums this last year since I have been out on the CanAm Outlander 800 so much. But I would like to do some Avalanche stuff.
  I have been busy with mods this last year. I just installed a Garmin GPS and that means I am going to change the cigarette lighter out to a 12V power port.
I added a Hoppy EZ down and love the way the tailgate drops slowly. Then a bunch of owners were saying they liked the Torsion Bar which helps with the weight of the tailgate making it easier to lift...so I added that to the EZ down. I would have to say that the bed slider and the combo EZ down and Torsion bar are the BEST mods to an Avalanche.
  Then I added Air Lift bags and relocated the trailer plug from under the bumper to inside the bumper next to the license plate. Then I added black SS stripes to the hood.
  Never enough mods!
  It would be nice to see what others are doing in NM. I have seen several nice ones running around and tagged a few, but do not see them on here.

Hey NM are you still out there ???.  Just wanted to know if any new comers to the site.  Any ways just wanted to chime in and see what everyone has been up to.  Mods have been slow on my side, been doing lots of tagging though.  Don't be strangers and have a good one.

:wave: I am down in Socorro.

I admit, I haven't posted on this board for a very long time! (over a year). I usually only visit when I have a problem.

I had a wheel bearing go out last month and now I am having trouble with my cladding on the drivers side rear door catching on the drivers door. It has put a "wrinkle" in the plastic. I also had a plastic piece on my mid gate break off. It is the "flap" that covers the hinge when you put the mid gate down. It just snapped clean off the other day! I think it is only the third time I have ever put it down!

We pretty much only use our Avalanche when we travel. It is a 2002 that we bought new and now it has almost 100,000 miles on it. I just can't stand to see it get "old" and do my best to keep it looking and running it's best.

It's finally good to hear from someone.  I'm always one here while I'm at work as I don't have my computer up yet at home.  Sorry to hear about your cladding issues, wish I could hand down some advise but have done a search yet?  About the plastic thing over the midgate hinges, is it like spring loaded and comes down with midgate?  I had that issue and it was due to the little rubber cushions on it some how with all the heat (when I lived in Texas) melted the sticky part of the cushion to the midgate and every time I lowered it would snap just a little every time until it finally broke off and the only fix for me was to get it replaced, but I was still under warranty then.  Try the local junkyards to see if they have any AV's.  I wish I could have been a bigger help, good luck with the project and keep us posted as to what caused it and your fix for it.  Good luck kausboy.

Back