• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

200,000 Mile Club

Durwin

Charter Member
Is there anyone out there who has over 200,000 on their Avalanche? Let us know what issues you have had if any? (Avalanche's are the best built truck out there)
Thanks, Durwin

I'm close, and only replaced a windshield, tires, and brakes....oh, and of course lube

Getting close. 195K. No real issues at all. Except maybe my Analog OnStar going away kind of irks me...But that's not the truck's fault.
Dependable, well built truck. Have replaced the Waterpump, Alternator, and 1 U-joint. Doesn't leak anything, or use any oil. Still regularly bounces off the red line too, not driven gingerly by any means.

Thanks for the responses. I'm saving up now for front suspension and brake parts. At least now I have a better idea of what might fail and the vehicle.
Anyone else?
Durwin

I have relatively low mileage for a 6-year old Av (65K), but I hope to keep it way past 100K miles.  Right now the only problem I'm having is keeping the Av alignment correct, as it seems to always pull one way or the other, especially after I tow my travel trailer with it.  Other than that, all I've replaced is the brakes and battery (both recently) and done regular maintenance.

I gave my '02  with 210K on it to a friend.  Besides the usual maintenance items like 1 battery, brakes, shocks, tires, oil changes, a broken windshield from a rock, a few flat tires, I had one problem with the transmission.  It was a minor thing and happened so long ago I don't remember what it was.  Oh almost forgot the power window on the rear driver's side door doesn't work.

He is still driving the truck, he calls it his "show off" car and only drives it on weekends.

I'm currently pushing 137K and plan on keeping him running to 200K.  Just starting to require normal maintenance, need to replace the blower fan resistor, belts and fluids.

My first Service Engine Light came on at 134K - P0430 and I changed the passenger o2 sensor, plugs & wires.  The cats are bad and I used to have a rattle in the exhaust until I drove 4K miles to Michigan and back!  Somehow it went away.  So I'm not long for a new exhaust.

I read these posts and it is mind-boggling to me how the public perception is that Honda and Toyota are still way ahead of GM in quality.  (n)

If I would have kept my 2002 Avalanche and not got any new ones I would be over 200K
2002 Traded with 149,000
2006 Traded with 45,000
2007 Current at 25,310
Total 219,310

that gets me to thinking too

his
02 66580
04 37889
05 52745
07  4802
      -------

hers
03    16002
04    25687
07      3742
        --------

207447    took 7 Av's to get there though  >:D

It's mostly public perception that a vehicle is over the hill at 100K or that Toyota and Honda have better build quality.
Vehicles are designed much better to last longer than before. As long as the vehicle is serviced regulary there is no reason it should not go over 200,000.
DUrwin

ive got 202,000 km and needed to replace ball joints, catalytic converter and parts i smashed up(n)

I just bought my 03 with 61000 on it.   I love this truck, and would be very pleased to get 150K-200K out of it! It's the nicest truck I've ever owned. . . The only thing I'd trade it for is another one.

Hi Guys

My Chevy Avalanche Z71 has 260,000 miles with no Problems.I love this car.

They build them decent years ago too, just for whatever reason folks didn't think much about it.

Here's the list of my DD's throughout the years.

87 Dodge D150 - 175K without major repairs, the motor was tired though.
81 Trans Am - Got it's first motor rebuild at 210K, and rebuilt the 4-speed manual a few months later.
89 Cherokee 4x4 - 245K before I pulled the head due to a bad head gasket.  Otherwise outstanding truck.
94 Grand Cherokee, original trans was slowly dying so I replaced it at 187K, sold it when the truck had 223K and the motor still ran and passed emissions no problem.
80 Grand Wagoneer - Was placed in a field for eight years, had 118K on the clock.  I pulled it out, changed the fluids, drove it to 134K with no more issues before selling it to a teenager.
85 Chevy Suburban 6.2L Diesel, bought from original owner, he said it had flipped over twice, was darn close to 278K, I drove it over 300K prior to a bearing going.  On a side note, it had been in Alaska all it's life and had more idling hours on it than it had driving.
91 Suburban, 6.2L Diesel, again idled more than it drove, had 245K when I got it, I killed it with 321K, rebuilt it cheap and sold it.
97 Suburban 6.5L Diesel got it with 197K, had 265K when I got rid of it, I replaced the A/C compressor right before I sold it as it quit.  That's the most work I've had to do to a DD since I had changed the trans on the Grand Cherokee almost six years before.

I'm not exactly kind to my vehicles, but I do know how to take care of them.  I have run synthetics in everything for years, and it's amazing how big a difference that makes. 

No I wasn't kidding when my signature said that my 05 Avy is my first DD with less than 100K, heck, I've only had a few that had less than 200K.

220K.

I'm actually overdue for another set of those 100K mi sparkplugs...

-Still has all the original front end components, and original factory alignment. No play, and she tracks beautifully.

-Still has the original factory serpentine belt and ignition wires. I'll be throwing a set of Taylors on it when I do the plugs. Might do the serpentine. Might not.

-Pennzoil 5W30 and Wix filter every 3000 miles. Doesn't use any oil between services.

-Changed the F & R diffs, Transfer Case fluid, and flushed the tranny (original filter still in there) at 100 and 200K.

Never skips a beat or lets me down. Driven 100 miles round trip- 5 days a week. 17MPG regularly.

Yikes. It will be a long long time before the Pearl gets here lol. He does not have even 20 K on him yet and almost 1 1/2 years old

Aussie Red said:
Yikes. It will be a long long time before the Pearl gets here lol. He does not have even 20 K on him yet and almost 1 1/2 years old
You should 200K in the year 2060  :laugh:
I know..... I know....

Attachments

• ShutIt.jpg
    ShutIt.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1,712
Back