• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

D.A.R.E. Car Show in Sedalia, Mo 5 Apr 2008 CANCELLED!!!!!

Donnie1

SM 2008
SM 2007
April 5. Sedalia, MO: 18th Annual D.A.R.E. Show. Fundraising show to benefit the Sedalia Chapter. 2nd Street and Osage, Sedalia, MO 65301. 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM. This event is open to everything--Stock cars, sprint car, go carts, hot rods and even hopped up lawn tractors. You names it! You'll see a little bit of everything at this show. Don't miss the silent auction! All proceeds will benefit D.A.R.E. Entrants are requested to be on site by 9:00 AM. DON'T MISS THE PHOTOS FROM LAST YEAR'S SHOW IN OUR SHOWROOM! For more info contact Racecar Bob Hiller or Maybelle at (660) 826-9166. Details DEVELOPING...

I'm checking now to see if there is a fee for entrants. I know there is no fee for just attending the show. As it says above, all proceeds go to D.A.R.E

Last year this was a good time, very cold, but a good time.  I entered my Gina's Av in this and took 1st place, of course there wasn't much competition in our class but hey, a trophy is a trophy. Anyway, they had lot's items for the silent auction and several food vendors on site. If you'd like to enter the car show you will need to be there around 9 am. Or if you'd like, we could make this a GTG and just visit the car show and take in luch at Kehde's BBQ here in town. I'll get a pic of the place posted later but you can eat in an original rail car from the MKT (Katy Trail) Railroad. The food is awesome and reasonable.

I'm open to suggestions. You don't have to stay for the whole car show, there were several cars leaving early last year.

No entry fee, all that is asked is that you pad your donation bucket with $5 to get it started.

The pics below are form the show last year.

Attendees:
Donnie1
Tdybr
Blue

Possibles:
MoAv
KC Steve
Fouse

Attachments

• depot3.jpg
    depot3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Pass side.jpg
    Pass side.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 16
Donnie,

I will keep this date on the calendar and see what happens.  I will have to decide which toy to bring..... 

Steve

KC_Steve said:
Donnie,

I will keep this date on the calendar and see what happens.? I will have to decide which toy to bring.....?

Steve

Sounds good. I'd love to see a bunch of Avs make an appearance. Of course an av owner with a different toy would be fine also.

That is the beginning of real estate season but I will mark the date and try to make this.  I wanted to make it last year but I didn't and can't remember why.  I may have to spice up the Av a little before I come.

Hey Steve, where did order that grill and those bow ties?

Sounds good Fouse. I'll put you on the maybe list.

I'm also going to get with Kehde's BBQ and reserve the train car for a lunch after the show.

Sorry to have to do this folks but I'm going to have to cancel the DARE car show as a GTG for us.

We have had a couple of drivers quit at Lowes and it looks like I will be working all weekend.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Back