• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Who Will Be Attending The Southern Regional Meet?

dsw7311

SM 2004
SM 2003
The plans will basically be finalized this weekend if TexAvfan and a few others can have a meeting of the minds this weekend down in Houston.
The location , Dates, Camping arrangements and venues have been set for the most part.

Information Packets will be available hopefully by the end of March

I wanted to get an idea of ALL Attendees for the Southern Regional Rendevous Meet in JUNE on the 27-29th in Johnson City, Texas and Pedernales State Park. Please PM me or post it here and I will keep it updated. I will also get the listing from previous post. Also list where your from and how many. I will have a list of going and the possibles. Thanks and looking forward seeing you there.

1).Dave02Z66- Region IV Coordinator
2).TexAvfan ?- Houston Chapter Coordinator - 4
3).Edward_K- Memphis Chapter Coordinator
4).Johnny_D- Houston
5).Raven-San Antonio - 3
6).Mooncrab-San Antonio
7).Nightshift-Houston
8 ).Nascardave- Burleson
9). HernzAV - Dallas/Houston - 4
10). Miss Avalanche - ACA coordinator- 1
11). my123ju123-Portland, Tx -2
12). kps and family-McKinney, Texas
13). Steph from Beaumont
14). gandolphxx-Houston (Site Administrator)
15). Mooncrab- ACA
16). Vetman - DFW - 1
17). SciFiGuy-San Antonio

Possible attendees:
1) conwayavalancher- Arkansas Chapter Coordinator
2) Bruno-Houston
3) zeeya2000-Louisianna
4) farmguy-Dennison, Tx
5) AtomTaz-Denver
6) RedHotColoAv-Colo/Austin
7) Joaquin-4 Dallas Ft Worth
8 ) Musiks- San Antonio

Southern Regional 2003
Pedernales Falls State Park
June 27 - 29

Please let us know if you will be attending by casting your vote!

Links:

Pedernales Falls State Park

Photos:

normal300.jpg

cypresspool300.jpg

moretwinfalls200.jpg

here is a link to all the locations scouted by TexAvfan for the Southern Regionals

OK here goes

Welcome to Johnson City
Places to Shop
Our hotel
Place to eat
Places to go
Kids give the OK
Do some climbing
Water
Exotic Animal Park
Hey come on Guys

Here is the Camping information for Pedernales State Park
I have checked and it looks like Pedernales State Park has plenty of camping spaces open for the weekend of June 27th-29th. (61) Everyone is allowed two (2) vehicles per camp site with additional fee for extra vehicles. Camp sites will be on a first come first served basis upon arrival.
Reservations need to be made early!
Ok, I have made my reservation for Pedernales State Park for the weekend. They have set up an ID code for the CAFCNA members to use when they call in for a reservation for a campsite this will hopefully allow everyone to be together. I will list that below.
The reservations will need to call the number below with a credit card for the first night. The fee to reserve a space is $16. Upon arrival it will be an additonal $16 for the second night plus $2 entry fee per person over the age of 13 children 12 and younger are free.

Reservation Number 512-389-8900 select english or spanish then select option 1 (Texas State Parks) then select option 2 to make a reservation for a Sponsored group. The person answering should be able to help you from there.
the ID# or code you will need for the group reservation is :
More details will follow as plans are developed.
Camp grounds are booked up for the weekend!

Hey count me in for 4 for sure. (Maybe 5) Yup Yup ;) :D ;D
I see I am already on the list! :)
Man those are some good pictures! ;D ;) :rolleyes: and cute kids :-*

Hi Southern Gang - I know I won't be able to attend the Southern Regional 2003. However, there is a good chance I will be heading to El Paso around Mother Day's. Is there an active club in El Paso?

I am still up in the air over the National - I plan to burn some vacation to move and I will be starting a new job that requires a lot of travel, so my plans are very fluid this year.

TexAVfan said:
Hey count me in for 4 for sure. (Maybe 5) Yup Yup ?;) :D ;D
I see I am already on the list! ?:)
Man those are some good pictures! ?;D ;) :rolleyes: and cute kids ?:-*
They are cute kids, bet you wish you had some just like them huh? I can contact the modeling agency and see if they are available for the weekends. ;)

I may have some more info on The Regionals when I see you this weekend - but we can for sure work on it over the weekend. ;)

Blueruck said:
Hi Southern Gang - I know I won't be able to attend the Southern Regional 2003. ?However, there is a good chance I will be heading to El Paso around Mother Day's. ?Is there an active club in El Paso?

I am still up in the air over the National - I plan to burn some vacation to move and I will be starting a new job that requires a lot of travel, so my plans are very fluid this year.
There is a semi active chapter in El Paso here is bowtie-racing's area for the El Paso area.
El Paso Chapter thread

Blueruck you need to stop working so hard ;)

TexAVfan said:
I may have some more info on The Regionals when I see you this weekend - but we can for sure work on it over the weekend. ?;)
Cool deal we can squeeze it in sometime. Say about 4 am Sunday?

NascarDave said:
i'm in, will probably stay with the folks, or crash at the campfire sing-a-longs
TexAvfan you freaked me out I went to update the list and his name was mysteriously there already! You the man, Quick Draw McGraw >:D

Dave How soon do you need to know a answer? I'm just not sure if I can go or not. I'll tell you this I really do want to go though. I'm afraid I might lose my job soon, cause the company I work for is not doing very good. We need some sales really bad. If you can help sell some services then I'll be able to make it for sure. But, I do want to go just so you know.

AtomTaz said:
Dave How soon do you need to know a answer? ?I'm just not sure if I can go or not. ?I'll tell you this I really do want to go though. ?I'm afraid I might lose my job soon, cause the company I work for is not doing very good. ?We need some sales really bad. ?If you can help sell some services then I'll be able to make it for sure. ?But, I do want to go just so you know.
AtomTaz
I know all about the job thing, I have been unemployed for almost 9 months now :-[ Hope everything works out for you. Would love to see you mae it. As far as confirmation, I really dont need a commitment right now just an idea of numbers. You have plenty of time to decide.

Dave,
Put me down for 4 of us. I hope by that time we will have a home in Houston. Our house has just been put on the market for sale.

Blueruck,
Not sure if you will be able to find or contact Bowtie Racing. He is active at Ft. Bliss and with everything going on not sure if he is still there or has time to check the site often.

I see this thread has had a lot of views - Please respond if your attending as it is important to know how many will be coming to plan this event and book a venue for the functions we are trying to plan. Thanks for your help and support.

Even though I'm on the list, yes I will be attending. ;) (In my best Jerry MacGuire impression) "Now, who's coming with me ?"

No kidding Edward - you have no choice dude. You will be there or I will come and drag you there. ;) Besides - SHOW ME THE MONEY! :D

I plan to send out a mass email this week to get responses for this. We need to get more members involved

Hey Dave02z66, I noticed your post on the Colorado Chapter thread and just wanted to add my name as a possible for the SRM. My family lives in Austin and this would be a GREAT opportunity to visit family and (future) friends. My dad also has an AV so I'll try to get him to come too.

Scott

RedHotColoAv said:
Hey Dave02z66, I noticed your post on the Colorado Chapter thread and just wanted to add my name as a possible for the SRM. My family lives in Austin and this would be a GREAT opportunity to visit family and (future) friends. My dad also has an AV so I'll try to get him to come too.

Scott
Great, Love to have you make it if you can. I will add you to the maybe list (y)

Hello all, I'm a newbie but love this site and am anxious to see some of those mods and talk to folks who know about doing them. I'm going to try and make it out to Pedernales on Saturday 6/28, probably just for the day.

Back