• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

News For Southern Region Meet!

RJLACK

SM 2005
2 Days to go! ? ? ? ? ? ?2 Days to go! ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ?2 Days to go!

Welcome to the planning page for the Southern Region Rendezvous 2003 for the CAFCNA.

On this page we'll introduce pics and plans for the event as they develop.

The Event is as listed.

Southern Regional Rendevous Meet in JUNE on the 27-29th in Johnson City, Texas

Hotel Reservations can be made at

Save Inn Motel
?52 Units ?Hwy 281 & 290 ?830.868.4044

or

Pedernales Falls State Park
9 miles East on 2766 ?830.868.7304

We will plan as a group on several outings in the area - these cruises will be voted on by those in attendence.

Choices are as follows.

Pedernales Falls State Park
?2585 Park Road 6026
Johnson City, TX 78636

more info about the park
www.texasoutside.com
8 am - 10 pm daily

Texas Hill Country Wine Trail Events throughout the year - 16 Vineyards (information call
Texas Hills Vineyard)

Horseback Riding Albert Jenske
Stonewall (closed November and December) ?830.644-2770

Snake Pit
Learning Can be a Lot of Fun Hwy. 290, South of town
Don & Beth Darling 830.868.7790
Selah - Bamberger Ranch

VISIT OUR WEBSITE!
www.bambergerranch.org
Visitation by Reservation Only!
A 5,500 acre private working ranch dedicated to:

Educational Tours
School Field-trips
Land Stewardship Workshops
Bird and Wildflower Field-days
and much more ? ?

Selah, Bamberger Ranch
2341 Blue Ridge Dr.
Johnson City, TX 78636
830-868-4639 FAX
selah@tstar.net

Enchanted Rock State Natural Area 18 miles north of Fredericksburg on RR. 965 800.792.1112 (INFO)
512.389.8900 (reservations)

Luckenbach, Texas
"Everybody's Somebody in Luckenbach"
10 miles southeast of Fredericksburg, 5 miles south of the intersection of Hwy 290 & FM 1376 at the South Grape Bridge 830.997.3224

Johnson City District
Johnson City, Texas

No Charge for Johnson City District
Visitor Center:
8:45 am - 5 pm 830.868.7128

Boyhood Home:
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Johnson Settlement:
9:00 am - 4:30 pm 830.868.7128
LBJ Ranch District
Stonewall, Texas

$3.00 per person, children 6 years and under free.
Bus Tours Only
10:00 am - 4 pm 830.868.7128
ext. 231

call for group reservations of 15 or more

The Exotic Resort Zoo
4 miles north of Johnson City on HWY 281

HC3, Box 340
Johnson City, TX 78636
or

Planning to meet and check in on Friday 27th for group discussion, planning and dinner.

Saturday Morning a group breakfast and group decisions on events to be held for Saturday.

The places listed above are a few of our options to be considered by those that attend. We will visit a few of these places of interest on Saturday the 28th.

A group dinner and celebration will be planned for Saturday night.

Sunday the 29th will be free time to explore the area and shop.

People will begin saying their goodbyes and departing Sunday the 29th at various times.

List of attendees so far

1). Dave02Z66 - Region IV Coordinator - 1
2). TexAvfan ?- Houston Chapter Coordinator - GM - 4
3). Edward_K - Memphis Chapter Coordinator - 1
4). Johnny_D- Houston - 4
5). Raven-San Antonio - 3
6). Mooncrab-San Antonio - ACA- 1
7). Nightshift - Houston - 1
8 ). NascarDave - Burleson - 1
9). HernzAV - Dallas/Houston - 4
10). MissAvalanche - ACA Coordinator - 1
11). ?my123ju123 - Portland, Tx -2
12). kps - McKinney, Texas-3
13). Steph - Beaumont, TX ? ?
14). Gandolphxx - Houston (Site Administrator)
15). vetman - DFW - 1
16). Musiks - ACA - 4
17). Tribal AV-Capitol of Texas Coordinator
18 ). ?SciFiGuy - San Antonio (99% sure)
19). EdsZ71-New Braunfels, TX

Possible attendees:
1) conwayavalancher - Arkansas Chapter Coordinator
2) Bruno - Houston
3) zeeya2000 - Louisianna
4) farmguy - Dennison, Tx
5) AtomTaz - Denver
6) RedHotColoAv - Colo/Austin
7) Joaquin - 4 Dallas Ft Worth
8 ).

This event has been put together and as many of you who have attended meets and GTG's in Texas know we will have a great time - course you have to attend to have a great time (y) ;) SO lets get this event going and start making your reservations now and getting on the list as it is only 31 days away. ;D

Lets get reved up here folks and get this thing cooking - We have a reputation here in Texas and in case you havent looked there are close to 50 AV registered for the East Coast Regional in 2 weeks. I am going to go to that one and I will report back - but in the mean time lets get this Southern Regional off the line and rolling! SIGN UP NOW!

OK now people ECR has around 50 so we gotta get busy here - remember how much fun the Canyon Lake Weekender was? This is gonna be just as much fun and if you missed out on Canyon Lake then you get another chance to see how much fun it was! We need to hit 60 AVs for this and I know we can - So come on Texas and surrounding States - lets show um how we do it! ;) :) :D ;D

I am going crazy with color here and I am going nuts by myself - so come on and help me out :rolleyes:

TexAVfan said:
OK now people ECR has around 50 so we gotta get busy here - remember how much fun the Canyon Lake Weekender was? This is gonna be just as much fun and if you missed out on Canyon Lake then you get another chance to see how much fun it was! ?We need to hit 60 AVs for this and I know we can - So come on Texas and surrounding States - lets show um how we do it! ?;) :) :D ;D

I know you all can do it. I am so jealous of how true you are when it comes to a GTG/Cruise.

maybe I can fit this in, gonna have to see how my work and time off.

I don't know who has made their reservations at the Save Inn Motel, but I have and the man who took it said they were filling up for that weekend and did not have many rooms left :eek:. If you plan to stay there you might want to hurry up and reserve yourself a room (y)! See ya'll there ;D!!!

I'll either camp or stay at the folk's ranch - if there is a crunch for lodging, i'll see what i can do

BugSlayer said:
I don't know who has made their reservations at the Save Inn Motel, but I have and the man who took it said they were filling up for that weekend and did not have many rooms left :eek:. If you plan to stay there you might want to hurry up and reserve yourself a room (y)! See ya'll there ;D!!!

My123,
How much is the motel room per night. Thinking of making a reservation but since I live here in San Antonio I'm not sure if I'll stay the night or just drive up.

SciFiGuy01 said:
My123,
How much is the motel room per night. Thinking of making a reservation but since I live here in San Antonio I'm not sure if I'll stay the night or just drive up.

Hi there SciFiGuy01:

let me know which day(s) you plan to drive up! I plan to go on Saturday maybe we can cruise up there together!

MissAvalanche:B:

GO SPURS GO!!!

Sign us up! We'll be staying off-site, but we'll drop in for the festivities.

Two adults, two kids.

-k.

TexAVfan said:
- remember how much fun the Canyon Lake Weekender was? This is gonna be just as much fun lets show um how we do it! ;) :) :D ;D

Hey TexAVfan:

>:D are jello shots going to make an appearance at this GTG??? I remember that was a BIG part of the fun we had at Canyon Lake on that Friday evening in your trailer >:D that was a time to remember! ACA, Dallas/FTW and the Houston bunch will show um how we do it! Of course after too many jello shots I may need to stay the night as well! :rolleyes:

MissAvalanche:B:

MissAv,

No problem. Still thinking of making a reservation at the motel for Friday and Satruday night. If I don't I'll be sure to let you know about Saturday.

GO SPURS GO!!!

SciFiGuy01

SciFiGuy01 said:
MissAv,

No problem. Still thinking of making a reservation at the motel for Friday and Satruday night. If I don't I'll be sure to let you know about Saturday.

GO SPURS GO!!!

SciFiGuy01

Thanks SciFiGuy01,

now I am thinking about making reservations for the same nights, have to think about this one.

I will keep u posted.

GO SPURS GO!!!

SciFiGuy01 said:
My123,

SciFiGuy01

I just called the Save inn and they have the rates for that weekend at $69.95 per night.

MissAv

MissAv,

Great minds think alike cause I just called them myself and thats the price I was quoted $69.95 :eek: for a single.

SciFiGuy01

SciFiGuy01 said:
MissAv,

Great minds think alike cause I just called them myself and thats the price I was quoted $69.95 :eek: for a single.

SciFiGuy01

Great minds do think alike!!!!

and I think we are both thinking GO SPURS GO!!!

I went ahead and made myself a reservation, just in case, for Friday night and Saturday night.

Glad to see others getting into the act. I was gonna tell ya'll the motel rate, but some of you beat me to the punch. See ya there!

I will be camping at least the first night, but I will also be working down in Austin on the night of the 27th and 28th

I wish I could make it, but I have to be in Arlington for a family reunion. I REALLY want to see some other AV's and see what has been done to them. I missed the San Marcos GTG because I had to be in Abilene. Life's not fair!

How about a GTG in Impact? There is nothing to do there. No where to stay. But lots of parking and I guarantee, the Mayor will feed anyone who can find it. :)

Y'all have fun, and I'll try to make the next one.

ImpactAV said:
I wish I could make it, but I have to be in Arlington for a family reunion. ?I REALLY want to see some other AV's and see what has been done to them. ?I missed the San Marcos GTG because I had to be in Abilene. ?Life's not fair!

How about a GTG in Impact? ?There is nothing to do there. ?No where to stay. ?But lots of parking and I guarantee, the Mayor will feed anyone who can find it. ?:)

Y'all have fun, and I'll try to make the next one.
Where is Impact, Texas? silly question I know :2:

Well Miss Avalanche and I were in Johnson City today and went to visit Pedernales Falls. Checked and the campgrounds are booked. One other reservation under my name , dont know who, but each site will accept two vehicles and two tents. I have reservations for all three nights, but since I will be working in Austin on the nights of the 27th and 28th I will more than likely be staying in a hotel in Austin and driving into Johnson City during the day. SO if anyone wants to use my camping reservations for the remaining nights you are more than welcome. There are a few other hotels located within 30 minute drive to Johnson City if the Save In hotel is all booked up.

I can probably talk my folks in allowing a few members to crash at the guest house, 20 min from Johnson City. 2 bedrooms, 1 queen, 2 twins, and plenty of open floor ;D

No non-family dogs tho :cry:

PM me directly

Dave02Z66 said:
Well Miss Avalanche and I were in Johnson City today and went to visit Pedernales Falls.

Hey Dave!

Pernadles State Park looks like a great location for the Southern Regionals, thanks for taking the time to cruise this past Saturday!

26957401.jpg

Hey ImpactAv,

I know where Impact is >:D! I made many a midnight run to buy hot beer or maybe cool Coors when it was in stock. Then Abilene went wet and ruined the Impact economy. Them were the days (I spent a year in a daze :3: before wising up as to the road I was traveling)! Maybe see you on the next get together :).

Back