• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CHEVY AVALANCHE VS HUMMER H2

How many people think that a Chevy Avalanche with a six inch lift and 35's could out pull a stock 20

• Avalanche with 35's

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Hummer H2

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That like a Tahoe vs Suburban. If it's a unmodified engine in the AV the H2 will probably get you, because of the 35" tires

The only thing engine wise ive got is cold air intake and exhaust. so not much there. But the pull will take place in a muddy field and i figured 1st gear 4 low with my new BFGoodrich mud terrain ta KM2 that i should be able to
out do him.

Is the H2 all stock ???

The H2 is all stock. I will try to get video but there is only one problem this guy is one of these all talk  and no show.
So i have a feeling when it comes down to it hes going to back out. But i will try to pesuade him when the time gets closer.

I would have to ask about the gearing of each, but I'm thinking the H2 might have you. Tires working against you and the H2 I think weighs more. Not sure though.

I think the H2 also, but it would be interesting to see

Hummer has 6.2 l engine

315 70 TA tires

And with your taller tire if you had 4.10 or 4.56 ratio gears could even things out

Mud Diver said:
Probably right.  But right now I'm just going to hold out for a miracle and show him what a real truck can do :drive:

I missed the part about it being in the mud.... go smoke the H2  >:D

Oh did I tell ya the H2 has a 4l80 tranny, be careful.

BTW I don't recommend doing a pull like that, unless it's someone else AVY. >:D

MichiganSilver03 said:
Oh did I tell ya the H2 has a 4l80 tranny, be careful.

BTW I don't recommend doing a pull like that, unless it's someone else AVY. >:D
x2!!! but if you could use a 2500 ....  hmmmmmm! :laugh:

It would be great if i did have a 2500! But i dont :(. Im not all that concerned about my trans its sort of already
shot cause i abuse it. And im ready to get a new one. (y)

if you're still using the factory hitch,i would worry about that more than the trans!

Attachments

• hitch1.jpg
    hitch1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 999
Ive got that covered my buddy is going to help build me a custom rear bumper and iam going to put army tank
d ring shackles on it. That ought to handle it!

jimbo53188 said:
if you're still using the factory hitch,i would worry about that more than the trans!

Ouch. I hadn't seen THAT pic. Saw a few other nasty ones. I recommend this one:

Attachments

• Curt CLV.JPG
    Curt CLV.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 992
Just talked to  the guy with the H2 hes saying he doesnt want to do it cause hes afraid it will break his truck.

I knew H2 owners were cakes! >:D

Mud Diver said:
Just talked to  the guy with the H2 hes saying he doesnt want to do it cause hes afraid it will break his truck.

I knew H2 owners were cakes! >:D

So he forfeits all rights to talk trash....ever. And all cool points are hereby revoked  >:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back