• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

and the Training Hoe goes to...

Texascwgrl

Charter Member
SM 2003
This is a letter from Old #7

Hey Everyone,

First and foremost, Laurie and I really wish we could have been there, but there will be other GTGs and we will be there next time.

Now, on to the storied tradition in CAFCNA which is passed on year after year.  After having Heidi for the past year, I now completely understand why Shel had a tough time letting her go.  Heidi is a very important mascot in our club.  What she is NOT is a plastic "hoe".  What she is, is a symbol of what it takes to be a member of CAFCNA.  This takes on a lot of different meanings to a lot of different members,  but what is constant,  is what BOO stated, " The recipient of the Hoe is a new member whom we deem to show drive, enthusiasm, and generosity towards others in the club".  The Hoe is to be brought to ALL GTGs (local or national) with pictures as proof.  You must take care of your Hoe, treat her right, and the most important rule of all is NEVER, EVER LEAVE THE HOE UNATTENDED or there will be h3LL to pay!!!  (I learned my lesson the hard way... thanks Shel).

To get to the point, the person selected by the members of the Heidi Hoe Huddle, is a member who has exemplified the above qualities and is deemed worthy to Pimp the Hoe...

(y) Kevin aka Kevmack!

Kev, represent the Northeast as I have done and remember to treat Heidi right.

Frankie, #7

Wow...It will be an honer to carry Heidi Hoe around with me from GTG's to Car shows. You will have to fill me in on the rules of this but I will not let you all down!!! I am proud to be your hoe of the year!!! Thank you very much!!!

KevMack said:
Wow...It will be an honer to carry Heidi Hoe around with me from GTG's to Car shows. You will have to fill me in on the rules of this but I will not let you all down!!! I am proud to be your hoe of the year!!! Thank you very much!!!
(y) (y) (y) (y) :B:Well get you up to speed Brother, Just remember just as Shel and I had found ways to "Restrain" her you gotta do the same :cool:#7

Attachments

• DSCF0983.jpg
    DSCF0983.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 308
Nice job Frankie!  I still remember the pic with you and my AV with the Hoe in NJ at Fredo's  :laugh:

Good Luck KevMack  (y)  Take care of the Hoe

Congrats Kev!!! As a former Madame for Heidi Ho, you will truly enjoy her!!! Make sure you get her to lots of GTG's and post the pics of her adventures!!!

Here's a couple of my favs  :love:

1. Getting Heidi at STI October 2007
2. Holiday Dinner December 2007
3. Boo preparing me for my Heidi departure Nationals 2008
3. Me & Heidi w/ #7 Nationals 2008

Attachments

• Heidi.jpg
    Heidi.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 287
  • JessShel.jpg
    JessShel.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 286
  • BooShel.jpg
    BooShel.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 288
  • ShelFrankie.jpg
    ShelFrankie.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 288
Looks like I got some big shoes to fill!!! I just have one question thats been on my mind, why is the Hoe's name Heidi? Is there a story behind that? LOL

KevMack said:
Looks like I got some big shoes to fill!!! I just have one question thats been on my mind, why is the Hoe's name Heidi? Is there a story behind that? LOL

Not really.  I came up with that a few years ago when she was in my possession.  I like the TV show "Home Improvement" and the neighbor always addressed Tim by saying "Heidi Hoe".  I liked it and it stuck.

KY_BOB said:
Not really.  I came up with that a few years ago when she was in my possession.  I like the TV show "Home Improvement" and the neighbor always addressed Tim by saying "Heidi Hoe".  I liked it and it stuck.

Ok that clears that up. Interesting how thing start.  (y)

KY_BOB said:

I did not know that ... BUT I do remember you getting the "Hoe" at MCM  :B:

Heidi Hoe Neighbor >:D #7. Just a quick recap Kev. Getting the Hoe is not a bad thing. To get her means that you being one of the newest and fastest rising members, Show a great dedication and enthusiasm towards this club(There are others but we can only choose one).So getting her just means that we appreciate all that you've have done. so with that short story outta the way, Enjoy your new title as the "pimp" of Heidi. And remember keep your eyes and ears open. A) so you can pick out the next Vic..  Um I mean "pimp" for the next torch passing (y)

Old No.7 Avalanche said:
Heidi Hoe Neighbor >:D #7. Just a quick recap Kev. Getting the Hoe is not a bad thing. To get her means that you being one of the newest and fastest rising members, Show a great dedication and enthusiasm towards this club(There are others but we can only choose one).So getting her just means that we appreciate all that you've have done. so with that short story outta the way, Enjoy your new title as the "pimp" of Heidi. And remember keep your eyes and ears open. A) so you can pick out the next Vic..  Um I mean "pimp" for the next torch passing (y)

How long do I get to keep her for? I got some plans for her. 1st plan is to get her in the Ladies of the avy calendar.

KevMack said:
How long do I get to keep her for? I got some plans for her. 1st plan is to get her in the Ladies of the avy calendar.
SWEET!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about >:D. It may be till the next Nats. (It was for me)#7

Old No.7 Avalanche said:
SWEET!!!! Now that's what I'm talking about >:D. It may be till the next Nats. (It was for me)#7

Sounds good. TCG told me its coming with my t-poop. I got a photoshoot for my Auto teams website at the end of Aug so I'll ask the model to take some pics with her.

KevMack said:
Sounds good. TCG told me its coming with my t-poop. I got a photoshoot for my Auto teams website at the end of Aug so I'll ask the model to take some pics with her.
wouldnt that be someone else holding Heidi..  mmmm  thought that was against the rules..  lol  Especially if there is a PIC of someone else holding her..   :cool: :cool:  I can hear Boo now....    :laugh: :laugh:

Hugz said:
wouldnt that be someone else holding Heidi..  mmmm  thought that was against the rules..  lol  Especially if there is a PIC of someone else holding her..   :cool: :cool:  I can hear Boo now....    :laugh: :laugh:

Well I still need to find out the rules. but it would kinda be like my Hoe holding my Hoe. But I'll have my truck hold it in the pic then.

I just got the Hoe!!! She looks like she has been through alot!!! But I was thinking (while holding her) I wonder where she has been. So I came up with an Idea as long as it is ok with "The Heidi Hoe Huddle". You guys know how she has the hole towards the bottom of the handle? What if we had a key chain of each state she has lived in. Maybe even write each persons name on the back of the key chain then you know everyone that has ever had the Hoe.

What you guys think? I would need you to pick out key chains and mail them to me but I think it would be cool.

I think that hole used to be for a lanyard that the mister or mademe used to carry her aroudn their neck with..  I take it she doesnt have that anymore..  I do like the thought of the GTG state idea though.. 
All the above is of course null and void pending the decisiion, of Boo, Jeff, Shel's and Frankie..

Mike

Southern Nights in '06, I'm sure you guys remember this night albeit a bit blurry  :D 

index.php

Back