Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Day For The Avalanche Yesterday! Installed OEM nav radio and bluetooth VCIM  (Read 29716 times)

dbrettw, Randy and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mikematos.mm

• I love the Chevy Avalanche

Thank You. The vcim came with the Bluetooth antenna. I’ll try the steps you suggested and pronounce “unstar”.  I’ll keep you posted.
2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ “Black Beast”

mikematos.mm

Wburger 1,
Thank You. You were right. I followed the steps you gave me and Walah!  I have Bluetooth. Thank You.
I’m tackling a problem I started having with the factory XM.  The signal comes in and out. I tried disconnecting the battery cables and tapping them together to reset the xm band but no luck.  I checked the xm antenna connection on the radio a xm module they both looked good. Any suggestions?

Derekfoehammer

I've been spending the past few days pouring myself over everything I could find for swapping out my 6 disk to a touchscreen, I REALLY want the bluetooth option too, but so far this post and a few others are all that I can find on the topic.

Seems simple, just gotta get the parts together and get it done. But I am concerned about Mike's post, I almost exclusively use SxM and want to avoid losing signal or functionality...
'08 LTZ Avalanche - "Zoe"

Vaeagleav

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Unless you have already bought the parts and are piecing things together you might want to consider contacting by phone the customer service people at www.crutchfield.com they are great to deal with and can get you a new head unit with all the features you want as well as all the adapters etc. you need to have all the controls working. That way too if something fails to work you only have one company to contact not one business blaming another for incompatibility.
2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.

ohiobellboy

• CAFCNA 2008 Supporting Member
  • 2 Eagles

I've been spending the past few days pouring myself over everything I could find for swapping out my 6 disk to a touchscreen, I REALLY want the bluetooth option too, but so far this post and a few others are all that I can find on the topic.

Seems simple, just gotta get the parts together and get it done. But I am concerned about Mike's post, I almost exclusively use SxM and want to avoid losing signal or functionality...
Go aftermarket. That technology is so outdated it isn't funny. You'll save money and headache.
Avy #1 - '04 Z71 Cladded (dark blue metallic) Purchased 9/07 with too many mods to list. . SOLD 6/21/15
Avy #2 - '05 Z71 WBH (Bermuda Blue) Twiggy purchased 11/11 Current mileage 160,*** Now used as my winter beater SOLD 6/2-/17
Avy #3 - '05 Z71 Cladded (Bermuda Blue) Purchased 9/12  for Twiggy. A few mods.  TRADED 3/10/16
Other Summer toy - 2015 FLTRUSE (Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire)  also called a CVO Road Glide Ultra. Lots of fun on two wheels
2012 BMW 535i with XDrive

mikematos.mm

I resolved the XM signal problem by purchasing an aftermarket xm magnetic mount radio antenna. I mounted the antenna on my Avy’s roof, passenger side on the inside of the roof rack rail.  I ran the cable under the the third brake cover down to the rear window.  Once in the inside of the vehicle, continue running the cable under the interior panels until you reach the XM module behind the glovebox.  It appears that the factory antenna reached its lifespan.  February 2020 will make two years after installation and have not had any issues.  I hope this works.

Derekfoehammer

I originally had planned to go with the 2014 infotainment system, but anything higher than 2012 won't interface. At last that's what I've seen...

For the record, I know next to nothing about electrical.

And I've got trouble luck when it comes to aftermarket systems. There's a Tesla styled one I've been looking at as a plan B but the trade off is that id lose my two cigarette ports under my HVAC.
'08 LTZ Avalanche - "Zoe"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 25 queries.