Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2007 Avalanche owner! These things are fantastic!  (Read 154586 times)

blu_fuz

Re: 2007 Avalanche owner! These things are fantastic!
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2013, 09:48:31 AM »

That's what I wanted to do, but I have 4 ropes going through that eyelit, then get tied up to 1 rope just below the eyelit about 1' down from the ceiling that gets wound in the winch......

enoniam

• LS Fest 2017
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2013, 06:00:50 AM »

I'm curious as to what's in the foreground of the hoist pics and what it's going to be put into!   :thumbsup:

:D

:cool:

Got a better pic of the tint and grill because we finally had a sunny day! Also, built my SnugTop hoist in the garage on sunday  :cool:.

Hoist:

2003 with ATK 460 HP 6.0, Speed Engineering Long Tube Headers and true dual 3" exhaust, Truetrac rear, 3200 Circle D Stall, tranny upgraded with 4L65 and other heavy-duty parts, Weld Racing 18x10 forged wheels, HPTuners custom tune, Vortech supercharger, water/meth injection, Magnavolt fuel pump voltage booster, DeatschWerks booster fuel pump, 58#/hr injectors, 13.3 @ 101 in the quarter mile.

blu_fuz

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2013, 06:43:16 AM »

I'm curious as to what's in the foreground of the hoist pics and what it's going to be put into!   :thumbsup:

I am building and powder coating a 2005 Taurus 3.0L V6 to be put into a 1999 SVT Ford Contour to replace it's worn out 2.5L V6  :cool:.

We decided on Ferarri Red Wrinkle valve covers, gloss black upper intake, and chrome powder coated timing cover, oil pan, engine mounts, throttle body, coolant cross over tube, and some other misc pieces ;).

blu_fuz

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2013, 11:24:43 AM »

I eventually got all the hardware, keys, new lock, new latch, and everything for the snugtop.

Cut down the fiberglass lip on the rear glass so it fits my '07.

It's sitting in the paint booth waiting for prep. Topper will be bermuda blue but we are going to paint the top bars flat black. The silver bars are just a bit too bright up there all by themselves  ::).

rick119

• CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member
  • Stanly County, NC
« Reply #79 on: December 1, 2013, 15:56:59 PM »

Beautiful ride you have there   :thumbsup:

blu_fuz

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2013, 12:16:47 PM »

Thanks Rick  :thumbsup:

SnugTop is painted and should be plopped onto the truck Friday I hope, fingers crossed. :B:

Blackcomb

« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2013, 05:50:51 AM »

it does look nicer with the black bars
2008 Avalanche
2006 Grand Prix GXP (SOLD)
2008 Impala SS (SOLD)
2015 Cadillac CTS

blu_fuz

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »

Got the topper put on just in time for the 6-8" of snow we got here over the weekend. Also was able to put it to good use tailgating before the Packers game on sunday  :cool: :thumbsup:. Very happy with the setup.

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2013, 03:03:38 AM »

Looking good, blu_fuz!

:thumbsup:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

blu_fuz

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2013, 07:30:09 AM »

Here is a couple shots from camping this summer for Halloween. A lot of people were oogling over the AV as they drove/walked past. I should have been handing out towels for people to wipe their drool with  :laugh:

That was the week the passenger side power step broke too, doh! All fixed now.

blu_fuz

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2014, 13:27:08 PM »

Arnott rear suspension compressor is failing and I was able to get Arnott to agree on sending me a replacement. I am past the 1yr compressor warranty (1yr 1mo) but they are really helping me out.

I will be relocating the new compressor to the saddlebag storage bin on the drivers side to help keep it out of the elements. GM's design of the compressor original location seems silly and more of an afterthought.

After fixing the corroded/broke wire connections and re-installing the compressor, this is what it was doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEl25ibWiTU

The truck's autoride level sensor is working because every time I turn the key to the "on" position it would kick the compressor on. It just wouldn't pump enough to actually fill the bag. No leaks in the air lines or the shock bags. It eventually filled the bags after turning the key 6x or so.

blu_fuz

« Reply #86 on: February 6, 2014, 10:52:13 AM »

New compressor should be here today. I think I have all I need to relocated it into the saddle bag tonight.

Wish me luck!

I will post up installed pics tomorrow if it all works out well  :thumbsup:

09chevyavy

• Building my first dream AV, someday Ill get more
« Reply #87 on: February 6, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

awesome man!!!!  :thumbsup:
Owner and operator of Deep South Performance
2009 AV LT
Check out build here: http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,144942.0.html

RevRichmond

• Our temporary church website for The Apostolics of Tri-Cities.
« Reply #88 on: February 6, 2014, 12:50:18 PM »

New compressor should be here today. I think I have all I need to relocated it into the saddle bag tonight.

Wish me luck!

I will post up installed pics tomorrow if it all works out well  :thumbsup:

Hey.... GOOD LUCK  :abuelito:
Yes, I'm black. No, I'm not an ignorant follower. Yes, I fear God. No, I don't support Barack Hussein Obama...just sayin... ;-) Acts 2:38 for LIFE.

blu_fuz

« Reply #89 on: February 6, 2014, 13:25:09 PM »

When it is done I will fab up a relocation kit (air line, fittings, bracket, hardware, harness extension, etc.) for people with the compressor that want it to last longer than 1 year  :beating: :laugh:.

blu_fuz

« Reply #90 on: February 7, 2014, 07:06:18 AM »

Compressor showed up but they didn't send me my drier back!!!!!   :E:  :beating:  :thumbdown:

All I was able to do is install my new '08 wiper arms and blades.

09chevyavy

• Building my first dream AV, someday Ill get more
« Reply #91 on: February 7, 2014, 08:59:12 AM »

some companies annoy me. I know it was fedex's fault but I had a guy that, through me, ordered a light bar from PuddleStompin and some mounts from socal supertrucks. Not granted the bar isnt in yet, but the package with the mounts got lost, how does that happen. Where do they end up? with a hobo or something? so I in my agitated state wrote a strongly worded email lol hahaha to socal supertrucks and because of my anger they 2 day shipped another set of mounts. still annoying as hell
Owner and operator of Deep South Performance
2009 AV LT
Check out build here: http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,144942.0.html

blu_fuz

« Reply #92 on: February 7, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »

Yeah, I don't understand how someone was holding my old compressor with the drier mounted to it in one hand, and had a new compressor without the drier mounted in the other hand and said "looks exactly like what they need" and mailed it to me.

It's costing me more time and them more money to ship that part.

They did include another new drier rebuild kit that maybe I will use in a few years to freshen up the system.

blu_fuz

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2014, 09:19:39 AM »

I got the drier canister last night and was able to finish the relocation over the weekend. Check my thread:

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,142537.0.html

blu_fuz

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2014, 06:40:47 AM »

I still have some kind of rear suspension problem that's really pissing me off  :E:. I don't know if it is something with the truck, sensors, or the Arnott system.

Sometimes the compressor runs for 5 seconds, other times it doesn't run and I get a service suspension light. If it does turn on, the air bags get full and then empty right away  :9:.

I've spent hours bench testing the compressor, testing connections, checking continuity of my harness extension to make sure I didn't mix the colors up, and all of that stuff is checking out good. It almost seems as if the valve that closes the air system after it is filled, it isn't closing causing the air to leak back through the system and out the intake valve of the compressor and other times it seems I'm getting no power at all to the compressor and it does nothing.

The Arnott autoride shocks are clunky as hell when there is no air in them so I'm getting more aggravated with this poop every day. I usually fix everything I can myself but I've had it with this system. It keeps kicking me in the balls.

Oh and while testing the system last night for about 45 minutes, the battery on the truck died. Totally gone, done, dookie, caput, nada. Just another kick in the junk.

BlackBeautyLTZ

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »

Yep, you got a rare truck, and a great one! That color with the 6.0 and 4.10s is pretty sweet.

I envy your 4.10.  Chev doesn't offer that anymore.  My husbands Silverado has that and he hauls a## when he takes off.   My granny 3.42 just kind of crawls over the line, but with the 6 speed tranny it is awesome on the highway and most of my driving is on the highway so I don't mind so terribly much.

And 6.0 as well.  It must be so fast.  When my warranty runs out I'm chipping mine!

So, enjoy your new truck.  It's a beaut!
2013 Black Diamond Avalanche LTZ - Black
2007 Black Avalanche LTZ

blu_fuz

« Reply #96 on: March 6, 2014, 08:05:33 AM »

Thanks blackbeaut!

I only drove one other Avalanche that was a base model LS 2007 5.3L before buying my '07 6L and I'm glad to have found the 6L truck. Feels much stronger, peppier, and quicker to respond.

I really want to drive a 6 speed AV to know what that is like too, I don't feel like I need to upgrade from my '07 yet but you never know what the future holds. I probably wouldn't get anything with the 5.3L so maybe it would have to be a Cadillac EXT next  :A:.

As of right now I am only $100 short of saving money for these 24" Texas Edition chrome replica wheels. They will be my new summer setup with some 305/35/24 tires:

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2019 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #97 on: March 6, 2014, 08:48:51 AM »

Your truck NEEDS those wheels!

I can't wait to see them.

:thumbsup:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. Refinish Restorer. SeaFoam. Goodyear (Now Continental) Gatorback belts.  BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.

Roody650iAvy

• Live to ride
    • Roody's reviews, thoughts, and ramblings
« Reply #98 on: March 6, 2014, 13:19:39 PM »

Very nice setup.  Have them coated black chrome  :4:

Past: '05 Z71 4x4 DGM - Daystar leveling kit // 285/70/17 Toyo ATII's // light bar // HD cab markers // AirRaid intake // MBRP exhaust

Present:
-2014 Challenger 100th Anniv.
-2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i - Ricochet skids // Interco Reptiles // ITP SS112's // Big Gun exhaust // TwinAir intake // Dynojet // Warn 2500ci

BLOG!

blu_fuz

« Reply #99 on: March 6, 2014, 14:30:35 PM »

Westin floor mats, fantastic for the price on Amazon! 1/2 the cost of Weathertech! $48 shipped for the fronts  :thumbsup:.

Also, first time on the lake with it for an ice fishing benefit. I just went to eat, drink beer, and buy raffle tickets  :4:.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 16  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 23 queries.