Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We're changing forum software! Read the details here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old or new EXT?  (Read 3928 times)

M4TT

Old or new EXT?
« on: April 17, 2013, 22:25:13 PM »

Hey everyone,
I've been looking into the EXT Caddys- do you like the looks of the old body style or the new body style more?

:B:
Matt

2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 LS WBH

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2020 Premium Member
  • If one is good, then two must be better. Right?
Re: Old or new EXT?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:54:08 AM »

I like the looks of both equally well.

The early ones, like mine, remind me of a cladded Avalanche with all of the cladding painted.

The newer models look more like a regular Avalanche but with a Cadillac front end.

Other than that, I consider the EXT's to just be an another Avalanche with a few performance tweaks and a few more shiney parts.

I would be more than happy to drive a newer or older Ava or EXT.

When I bought my EXT, I was not specifically looking for an EXT, but this one showed up at a local dealer and was priced in the range that I was hoping to spend.

I wanted something old enough that I could pay cash for it, but not so old it would be totally worn out.

I might have been able to get an Avalanche that was a year or two newer for the same price I paid for my EXT, but I do not regret purchasing this truck in the least.

Now that I have it, I am working to repair or replace anything and everything that is worn out, missing, or broken so that I will be able to drive it for as long as possible.

I could not be happier with my truck.

:thumbsup:
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, New Shale front seat leather from The Seat Shop. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards. Carpet matched 60/40 Mid-Deck Mod. Arnott/Bilstein front shocks and rear air shocks with Arnott air compressor kit. BFGoodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT.
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z-66 1500, Victory Red, Dark Charcoal leather, cladded. WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit. Carpet matched 60/40 Mid-Deck Mod. Firestone Destination A/T ROWL.

adamjeeps

• CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 09:57:35 AM »

Definitely new. The 6.2 is a beast of an engine. The interior is awesome. 6 speed transmission. You could go on and on.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: 2007 Black LT3 Z71 4x4 Maglite Mod Antenna Delete Mid-Deck Headrest Mod Onfair Headrest DVDs - Traded for:
2013 Lincoln MKT Ecoboost

M4TT

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:23:53 AM »

I like the painted cladding ^_^

2005 Chevy Avalanche 1500 LS WBH

Andysol

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 06:57:00 AM »

I like the looks of both equally well.

The early ones, like mine, remind me of a cladded Avalanche with all of the cladding painted.

The newer models look more like a regular Avalanche but with a Cadillac front end.

Other than that, I consider the EXT's to just be an another Avalanche with a few performance tweaks and a few more shiney parts.

I would be more than happy to drive a newer or older Ava or EXT.

When I bought my EXT, I was not specifically looking for an EXT, but this one showed up at a local dealer and was priced in the range that I was hoping to spend.

I wanted something old enough that I could pay cash for it, but not so old it would be totally worn out.

I might have been able to get an Avalanche that was a year or two newer for the same price I paid for my EXT, but I do not regret purchasing this truck in the least.

Now that I have it, I am working to repair or replace anything and everything that is worn out, missing, or broken so that I will be able to drive it for as long as possible.

I could not be happier with my truck.

:thumbsup:

This.

This is exactly what I did last week. I was looking to purchase an old avalanche- around 2003 for about $7k and was having a tough time finding one. It was going to be a secondary vehicle and just a weekend truck to haul stuff from Home Depot- so high mileage didn't scare me. Instead, I found a 2005 EXT with 118k miles for $9k. That was enough for me to get it. So happy with the decision. However- if you have the funds or are buying as a primary- go with the newer one. Better safety features, engine, transmission, and interior.   Looks are always subjective- those are concrete.
Honestly though- to me, the ext and avalanche post 2007 look extremely similar.

saf101

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 16:41:03 PM »

I was looking at 2005 - 2007 Avalanche as well that I want to pay cash for.

But I got a little scared with some of the issues listed on the board about the 2007 I was leaning that direction because of the newer body style.

I really did not know too much about the EXT till I saw one at a restaurant. I found a 2004 EXT with 75K miles private sell for the right price and after driving it I was sold on it.

Scott   
2004 Cadillac Escalade EXT, White Diamond, Shale Leather. Powerflow Pro-Fit Splash Guards.

EXT2500

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 05:11:31 AM »

'02-'06, looks the nicest to me. More of a sharp/boxy profile.
2005 EXT, 8.1L, 8" Fabtech lift, full 3/4 ton drivetrain & powertrain
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 23 queries.