• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What is Transmison Control Modular?

C

Chevy_Nut

Wife says that the Av is running like crap. I told her when she gets home don't shut it off and I'll take it for a spin. Sure as hell she was right! You give it gas and it takes forever to get up to speed. Very dangerous. Last week it did the same thing to her in an intersection on a busy highway. You can push the gas to the floor and go nowhere. Anyway, I am like what the heck and what do I do now. The warranty just expired (where is the 7 year 70,000 with GM?)and I know my wallet is in for a robbing.

So I push the little blue OnStar Button and a nice lady comes on and answers me with my last name. I tell her that the Av is running like trash and I want to know what is going on. She puts me on hold and says that GM Goodwrench will run a vehicle diagnostics check. About 30 seconds go by and she comes back on saying that a code popped up telling her that the CPM or Tramsmision Control Modular is having problems and that I need to take it in for service within 7 days. So now I'm steaming but at the same time quite impressed with the technology in my AV. I'm am pretty sure this has something to do with the gears and mileage not comming up right away on the dash when you start it up. We noticed that about 2 weeks ago. I have an appointment in the morning so we'll see.

So I am looking to you folks for some thought and discussion. What am I in for and has anyone else experienced these issues?

Back