• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Problem at the pump.

Annona

Hi,

My 2011 has this weird issue when I'm pumping gas. The nozzle would stop as if the tank was full, but it most definitely was NOT full. I'd have to hold the nozzle at different angles, trying to keep the gasoline flowing into the tank. Every time I'm filling up, I have this issue. I've tried 4 different gas stations, and the same problem persists. Anybody has this issue? Any way to fix this?

Thanks!!!

I replaced the charcoal canister, the EVAP Canister Vent Valve Solenoid (both under the truck in front of the rear axle), and the Vapor Canister Purge Solenoid (located on the front of the intake manifold), before I was finally able to get this problem solved.

Now, I can fill my tank from dead empty to completely full, at any gas station, without having to hold the gas nozzle at funny angles.

(y)

There are many old threads about this issue.
Some of the solutions you have already tried from different pumps to positions while filling. Many have found a solution by replacing the evaporator vent solenoid or canister as well as checking for a pinched vent tube. Problems can happen if the tank is overfilled past the normal shut off click since the excess gas can help clog the vent system.
Good luck with your fix.

Thank you both!

Is it a difficult and/or costly job to replace those 3 parts?

Info in this old thread as well as others......may want to read all pages in the link.

https://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=122471.msg2146364#msg2146364

Back