• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Body control module went bad

RKTROY

A while back, when having some major service to replace oil seals, when we got the Avalanche back the key fobs wouldn't work and the fog lights and instrument panel lights were out.  Dealer said the body control module went bad, so they sent it in for rebuild and got the wrong module back.  After losing patience with the dealer's inability to get the right module, I found one on ebay and brought it to the dealer (was a 6 week ordeal).  Now, most everything works except for the dimming feature on the instrument panel (it is either off or full bright), and the dome light does not come on.  I played with the Dome Override switch but it made the car beep and the IP lights went out till we started the car again (wife said to never touch it again!).  So we're just living with the remaining quirks.  Chevy made a big deal of enrolling us into the Chevy Truck Legends for having over 100K miles, yet they won't support their old trucks by making parts like the BCM available.

Yours (and mine) are 19 years old this year

Not much any car manufacturer does for parts on a model that old.... unless they built them afterwards for more years..

2002 is last of that generation... heck was first of that generartion too...but everything chanegd in 2003-2006.

Tis a bummer but no different then what them car restorers on TV have to deal with....

Good luck and keep he going strong....

Thinking of ANTIQUE plates next year

Back