• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Steering Groan : Repaired!

VegasShawn

Well, I know that some of you are also having this problem. Sometimes when you would turn the steering wheel, especially in reverse, you would here and feel a groan coming from somewhere in the steering column.

Well, I finally took mine in yesterday for the problem and the dealership replaced the 'steering gear'. ($600 part!)

I haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but will tomorrow morning. I will let you know if that fixes it. Maybe some of you folks that are having the problem but can't get it fixed can let your dealer know about this fix. I will update.

I've got the same problem! It doesn't happen all the time-but enough to be annoying. I took mine to the dealer today and just called them after reading your post here. My luck, it wasn't doing it at the dealership!!! I have 13,000 miles on mine.

Update : This seems to have solved the problem. I haven't heard the 'groan' today. I am delclaring it 'fixed' until I hear otherwise!

I have this same problem, I first noticed it when going into an exit curve off the freeway. I now know what to suggest to the dealer when I take it in for its next service this Friday. Thanks for the input and feedback. (y) ;D

Back