• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Found part number Whelen MBPS00C mirror beam

redleg_2002av

SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
Full Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2006
Messages
2,258
Location
Madison, AL
Before I get a load of garbage I'll come out and admit that I'm stealing another mod idea from Dune. I saw his av at New Smyrna? :love: :love: and I like his strobes on his mirrors.

I am trying to find the same covers for my av. The best I can tell is that it is from a Chevy Tahoe police package. Can anyone point me to a source or come up with a part number?

Found part number Whelen MBPS00C

dunemirror.jpg


updated to include part number ... I think it comes in 3 versions strobe, LED, and Halogen  :love: and in different colors/combos red/red red/blue, blue/blue, Green/Green, Clear/Clear, and amber/amber ect.
 
hate to say it, but do a search.

google 'police tahoe mirror strobe whelen' you should find them.  I think that OviedoAv can get them for you.
 
grnxnam said:
hate to say it, but do a search.

google 'police tahoe mirror strobe whelen' you should find them.? I think that OviedoAv can get them for you.

couldn't find much info in the club search but I did find it on google

http://www.whelen.com/install/135/13579.pdf

WhelenMirrorbeam.jpg


WhelenMirrorbeam2.jpg


 
oh oh ... will they work???? and how much .... I've been wanting them for a year now and was unable to find anything @ whelen .....

 
Intimidatoruag said:
oh oh ... will they work???? and how much .... I've been wanting them for a year now and was unable to find anything @ whelen .....

They are working on Dune's Av!! I've seen prices all over the place from 187-399. I have a PM out to OV to see what he can get them for. I would paint the black plastic to match my av. I've been looking for these for awhile myself. Now the question is what color and what style? I'm leaning towards clear/white and strobe head.
 
Redleg said:
They are working on Dune's Av!! I've seen prices all over the place from 187-399. I have a PM out to OV to see what he can get them for. I would paint the black plastic to match my av. I've been looking for these for awhile myself. Now the question is what color and what style? I'm leaning towards clear/white and strobe head.

ditto ... clear ... strobe .... I'll bet I have to get a separate controller for them ... :(

I've used up all 10 of mine to this point ....
 
Redleg said:
First post updated to include found information. Thanks Greenie!!
no problem.  would have found it for you but the copy/paste function on my phone sux.
 
these don't require a controller. The just use power and ground. Simple installation... just expensive.

Glad you found them George :E:
 
do i see a group buy in the making?

hook us up, George.  Keep us posted on what Dave can do for us.
 
grnxnam said:
do i see a group buy in the making?

hook us up, George.? Keep us posted on what Dave can do for us.
Thats a great idea. They can be like ambers and everyone can get them.
 
See what happens when you actually drive your AV, everyone wants to steal your mod ideas!  >:D



Yeah, yeah, I know, you hate me 3!
 
Tango Chaser said:
See what happens when you actually drive your AV, everyone wants to steal your mod ideas!? >:D



Yeah, yeah, I know, you hate me 3!

:p
 
I don't hate you Dune (I'm sure my wife would? if she found out who was giving me the mod bug again? :p)... your just a pain in my wallet ... :laugh:
 
OV said he could get them for 289 for the clear strobe. The amber LED's and halogens interest me

Dune said:
these don't require a controller. The just use power and ground. Simple installation... just expensive.

Glad you found them George :E:

how do the sync with one another w/o a controller?

Dune said:
Bryon.... I hate you.

And you know that.

No worries Dune lead the pack with your mods and we'll copy  :beating: :beating:  >:D
 
Tango Chaser said:
See what happens when you actually drive your AV, everyone wants to steal your mod ideas!? >:D



Yeah, yeah, I know, you hate me 3!
Maybe he should go hide it in a undisclosed location again.
 
related sites.......

http://www.mega-technical.com/downloads/pdf-docs/Whelen-Mirror-Beams.pdf

http://strobeguy.safeshopper.com/80/2418.htm?875 ?- this site sells them for $199
 
they hook up just like the TIR3's. They have a power, ground, and sync wire which connects the 2 together. It also has a 12v bump wire to change patterns.

For those with the power folding mirrors.... it is a PAIN to install due to the motor of the mirror. Trust me..I know.

It comes with the standard black textured plastic. I had mine sanded smooth and painted to match. Even the lil trim ring around the strobe itself.

Now, these aren't sealed beams. They will get moisture build up in them. They are "designed" that way.

They are just mirror "covers." You have to remove the existing back from the mirror to install these "covers".

I'll attach better pics for you George.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00690.JPG
    DSC00690.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC02417.JPG
    DSC02417.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 94
Dang dude!  That's sweet.  Need to stop looking at your AV because my checkbook doesn't go that deep :laugh:  nice (y)
 
Loggie said:
Dang dude!? That's sweet.? Need to stop looking at your AV because my checkbook doesn't go that deep :laugh:? nice (y)

you know.. you aren't the only one who has said that... lmfao
 
Loggie said:
Dang dude!? That's sweet.? Need to stop looking at your AV because my checkbook doesn't go that deep :laugh:? nice (y)

stop looking is right... I have nothing original ....it's either logified, byronfied, or Dunified first  :beating:
 
Redleg said:
stop looking is right... I have nothing original ....it's either logified, byronfied, or Dunified first? :beating:
thats the smart way to do it.

Let us say "well, f#(k, that didn't work.  let me try somethine else." then you come along and dont have to test anything. :beating:
 
Back
Top