• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lifted Nation

2002blackedout2500

Full Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
668
I have 46 rear and 45.50 front. However my Dodge fender flares sit about an inch lower than the actual fender so technically my measurements are 47 rear and 46.50 front.
 

Dluvr22

PM 2014
PM 2013
Full Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2008
Messages
2,247
Location
Minneapolis, Minnesota
I got 40" up front and 40" in the back.
Some may argue that its not high enough however my girl is 5'2" and she has to lift up her skirts and jump for the grab handle on the passenger side to get in.

There is no way I can go higher unless I don't plan on her ever getting in.
That'll be a bigger problem as she already claims that my Avalanche is No.1 in my life with her in second place.
If she can't get to ride it then I'll have even more convincing to do.
 

2002blackedout2500

Full Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
668
Dluvr22 said:
I got 40" up front and 40" in the back.
Some may argue that its not high enough however my girl is 5'2" and she has to lift up her skirts and jump for the grab handle on the passenger side to get in.

There is no way I can go higher unless I don't plan on her ever getting in.
That'll be a bigger problem as she already claims that my Avalanche is No.1 in my life with her in second place.
If she can't get to ride it then I'll have even more convincing to do.

I hear you Dluvr22! My wife is only 5" and she climbs in so does my kids, but she's rarely in skirts ;) I already can't fit in certain parking structures and only my bed and engine bay fits in my garage. Personally my height is just right - not too big, not too small  :D
 

brokenoak

Full Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
485
Location
virginia
Mine is 4'10" and i got 6" and 35s . and no steps,running boards or anything. So it can be challange for her sometimes.
 

SRFNSNO

PM 2018
SM 2010
SM 2006
Full Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
5,758
Location
Mercer County N.J.
I had running boards on mine till i Ripped parts of them off @ Paragon a few years back on the Blue Trails, Rocks & stumps.
Ment to measure last night 6" FabTech and 35" Bush wacker Pocket Flair.
 

Attachments

  • AV Side-G.jpg
    AV Side-G.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 424

2002blackedout2500

Full Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2013
Messages
668
SRFNSNO said:
I had running boards on mine till i Ripped parts of them off @ Paragon a few years back on the Blue Trails, Rocks & stumps.
Ment to measure last night 6" FabTech and 35" Bush wacker Pocket Flair.

NIIICE AV SRFNSNO!

That was the first thing I did when I bought my AV was remove my side steps. My wife wasn't happy but agreed it looked way better. Those things just get in the way when wheeling anyway  (y)
 

09chevyavy

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
2,731
Location
Lafayette, Louisiana
I am so glad I removed mine, it looks so much better without them.

I shouldnt have taken off that front bumper lower valence....went from 19 highway and now im at 15  :E:

Oh well, I can deal with it.
 

brokenoak

Full Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
485
Location
virginia
I like the look without the stock ones also. But thinking bout gettig a setupbfrom nfab. I dont have a problem getting in but everybody else does. Everybody.
 

brokenoak

Full Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2013
Messages
485
Location
virginia
2002blackedout2500 said:
You must have short friends ;)
[/quote
Most are taller.had few fall getting out. One ripped his pants getting in.then there the few that turn and slide out seat.which i cant stand.now a few people that have lifted trucks get in just fine..BUT THERE THE MAIN ONES THAT SLIDE OFF
 

Admoore8

Full Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
23
Hey guys, figured this will probably be the best place to ask. I have an 02 4x4,  I'm looking at picking up a rough country 6" lift. What and where is the best price you have found it?  It's listed for 1300 on the rough country site but have heard from people with jeeps that if they called they got a 10 percent discount and free shipping. The other site I was looking at was sdtrucksprings.  Any advice?
 

Hanz Groober

PM 2013
Full Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2013
Messages
526
badboy2 said:
For the guys with 6inch suspension lift whats your total measurements from ground to bottom of wheel wells?mine is 44inches with the 295/70/17.

Took a bit of time off CAFCNA for a minute there. No particular reason, just other things I guess. My bad.

But I'm 45.5 front, 43.0" rear. That's with the truck sitting, not running, and not sure the airbags are fully pumped(LTZ).... and I gotta imagine that effects the rear height if they are low. But still, it usually looks a little lower in the rear, so I think I'm fixing this in the NEAR future......

(Edit: it's a 6" RCD lift)

(Edit 2: and the tires are 275/65/R20 Toyo MTs, worn down to 75%~. I don't speak "tire", but guys tell me that's approximately a 34", not a 35)
 

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Full Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
5,981
Location
Cooperstown, New York
Brokenoak, you got any pics of your AV? Like your lift selection (y)
 

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Full Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2002
Messages
5,981
Location
Cooperstown, New York
Hanz Groober said:
Took a bit of time off CAFCNA for a minute there. No particular reason, just other things I guess. My bad.

But I'm 45.5 front, 43.0" rear. That's with the truck sitting, not running, and not sure the airbags are fully pumped(LTZ).... and I gotta imagine that effects the rear height if they are low. But still, it usually looks a little lower in the rear, so I think I'm fixing this in the NEAR future......

(Edit: it's a 6" RCD lift)

(Edit 2: and the tires are 275/65/R20 Toyo MTs, worn down to 75%~. I don't speak "tire", but guys tell me that's approximately a 34", not a 35)
I got a similar issue, and we have the same lift. I've been thinking about getting airbags for mine, only problem with them is it only resolves the issue when driving on the road, as soon as I go on trails I have to deflate them or they'll pop. Currently my AV sits about 1/2" off the bump stops, so basically any bumps I bottom out on. When I go off-road I generally get left behind because I go so slow over rocks and in holes. I also am getting tired of replacing coils every two years. The RCD lift had me puzzled, I couldn't figure out why they didn't use larger coils, the 4" block they they stick on top of the stock coils, IMO is a bad design. I'm looking at getting proper lift coils and getting rid of the block.
 

Mrs Big C Mich

Full Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
352
Location
Michigan
Hi guys...
Meet the bigger and better Betty. She is raised by BDS 6 1/2" lift with 35" Fun Country Dick Cepek's
:love:  :love:
 

Attachments

  • kims phone 2 1845.jpg
    kims phone 2 1845.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 283
  • kims phone 2 1882.jpg
    kims phone 2 1882.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 280
  • kims phone 2 2184.jpg
    kims phone 2 2184.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 282

ohiobellboy

SM 2008
SM 2007
Full Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
7,664
Location
CANTON
Kimmer said:
Hi guys...
Meet the bigger and better Betty. She is raised by BDS 6 1/2" lift with 35" Fun Country Dick Cepek's
:love:  :love:
Looking great Kimmers  :love: Truck doesn't look bad either  (y)
 

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
Full Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
38,355
Location
Lexington KY
Hummm I missed this one Kimmer How do you get in that one.

Looks Good. (y)
 
Top